Notice of Annual General Meeting
The Ahavat Olam synagogue’s Annual General Meeting will be held Sunday, February 13th, 2011 at The Peretz Centre, 6184 Ash Street, Vancouver, in the downstairs Seniors’ Lounge.
We’ll start at 6:00pm, when all AGM attendees are invited to zitz, schmooze, kibbitz and nosh over a scrumptious potluck / pizza dinner. Everyone is invited to bring a potluck dish to share. If you would like pizza (optional, $5), please be sure to RSVP to Reb David, at email@example.com or by phone at (604) 781-7839.
After dinner we’ll get down to the formal business of the meeting. Please review the agenda, at the end of this post. An important part of our business will be a discussion of our strategy and plans for the coming year. This will continue the work that we started in the congregational meetings in May and November of 2010. We plan to wrap up the meeting by 9:00pm.
It’s important for everyone in our community to be involved in the decision making process that will shape our future. It’s also important that we have a quorum in order to be able to conduct our business, so please help us ensure that we do! Note that you need to be a member in good standing — in other words, to have renewed and paid for your membership ($18) — to vote in the meeting. If you are at all unsure about your membership status, please our Financial Co ordinator Zev Tiefenbach firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm. If you need to renew your membership, Zev can help you take care of that too.
7:00 – 9:00 pm – Annual General Meeting – Agenda:
2. Adoption of agenda
3. Approval of minutes of 2010 AGM *
4. Business arising from the minutes
5. Reports from the Rabbi and Chair
6. Congregational discussion: planning for the coming year
7. Financial report and adoption of budget
8. New business
9. Board elections **
10. Installation of new Board members
* Our Secretary, Stephen Aberle , will circulate the 2010 AGM meeting minutes, financial statements and proposed budget to Ahavat Olam members in good standing in early February. Printed copies will also be available at the meeting.
** Current Board members standing for election:
• Michael Barkusky
• Susan Pinkus
Board members continuing their current terms for another year:
• Stephen Aberle
• Rahel Bailie
New nominees (so far):
• Bonnie Glassford
Rabbi David Mivasair is a standing member of the Board